• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Navy Commodores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Feb the 6th the Navy Commodores are coming to our school to have a master class and perform for us.

I know nothing about them. Could someone give me some info on them and their current lead trumpeter and any other cool facts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YankeeMan

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their lead player, Chris Walker, and their solo trumpet, Bill Moore, are both former students of the great Hank Levy at Towson State Univ. In addition, I've played with Chris many times, and he is a good friend. I haven't heard the Commodores since their longtime leader, pianist Jerry Ascione left. On a side note, Chris, and many of the Commodores, play on Ascione's 1st CD.IMHO, the Commodores moved up to best military band, after Vaughn Nark left the Airmen of Note. Let me know if you enjoy the concert.
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man the concert was out of this world. I noticed that the guys switched lead on certain songs. I got the oppurtunity to go up on stage and play with them. WE played a song called "Fly me to the moon" I played second just so that I could stand next to the lead and hear him play . heheh. It felt so cool playing with a great jazz band and a hell of a trumpet section. Mr. John Blount played lead during the song I joined in. And his sound was strong that it just left me amazed.

It was a great expirience for me. Something that i will never forget.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: