• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Connstellation 28A, Conn 22B New York Symphony, Olds Opera

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunesmith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Connstellation 28A, Conn 22B New York Symphony, Olds Opera Reply with quote

I have a 1957 Connstellation 28ACornet for sale. I had planned to put it on Ebay, but a friend suggested that I try to sell it on TH first. I'm basically familiar with the value of the 38B, but I don't know much about the cornet. It has a professionally done patch on the backbow and its share of scratches and a few very minor dings, but nothing serious. The front brace has been resoldered. It plays great with a surprisingly BIG sound, and the valves look like new. Bach 7C, no case. I would like to get $500 for it. Is that a reasonable price? Also, how is money/trumpet typically exchanged on TH? If you are interested, please email me with your contact info and I will be happy to call you with more information about me and about this horn. I haven't taken pictures yet, but I can do that tonight or tomorrow night. I also have a silver 1928 Conn 22Band a 1957 Olds Opera(.468 bore) in original case that I am going to sell if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
John
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to TH. It's a great place to communicate with all the TH trumpet obsessed....

FYI... For sale items should be posted in the Marketplace section, not here or in the forums. The forums are for discussion about different topics. Stick around and enjoy.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK JOHN,

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, ALREADY! This ain't the first time you've done this, nor the second or third.

You joined here last September but have made only FIVE posts, all in the "Horns" forum.

Four of the five were new threads, started by YOU to ADVERTISE HORNS YOU want to SELL.

The other post was a WTB thread started by you in the horns section.

There's a place for all those posts, of course . . . but it ain't the Horns Forum.

John,

If you read the forum rules and instructions when you signed on, you saw that people are supposed to SELL their HORNS in the MARKETPLACE section. Otherwise, the Horns forum would collapse into a freakin' flea market.

Everyone has given you the benefit of the doubt for your failing to do this so far, but it is time that you start following the rules set up here that we've all agreed to follow.

Please sell your horns in the Marketplace section like everyone else is forced to do.

Also, please feel more than welcome to start participating in discussions on the FORUMS of this website on other issues related to the trumept, etc.

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang it!

Supportlivejazz beat me to it.

I truly find it distasteful to have to do things like this.

T.
amazingmoris
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom turner wrote:
OK JOHN,

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, ALREADY! This ain't the first time you've done this, nor the second or third.

You joined here last September but have made only FIVE posts, all in the "Horns" forum.

Four of the five were new threads, started by YOU to ADVERTISE HORNS YOU want to SELL.

There's a place for all those posts, of course . . . but it ain't the Horns Forum.

John,

If you read the forum rules and instructions when you signed on, you saw that people are supposed to SELL their HORNS in the MARKETPLACE section. Otherwise, the Horns forum would collapse into a freakin' flea market.

Everyone has given you the benefit of the doubt for your failing to do this so far, but it is time that you start following the rules set up here that we've all agreed to follow.

Please sell your horns in the Marketplace section like everyone else is forced to do...

When 2 of us posted about an extremely dishonest TH seller who was being dishonest towards 2 potential buyers, you defended the dishonest TH seller with "I think David is being unfairly singled out here" and you wanted the entire thread deleted to protect that dishonest TH seller.

But in this thread you jump in and denounce a different TH seller that *you* think is being unscrupulous.
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingmoris wrote:
tom turner wrote:
OK JOHN,

John,

Please sell your horns in the Marketplace section like everyone else is forced to do...

When 2 of us posted about an extremely dishonest TH seller who was being dishonest towards 2 potential buyers, you defended the dishonest TH seller with "I think David is being unfairly singled out here" and you wanted the entire thread deleted to protect that dishonest TH seller.

But in this thread you jump in and denounce a different TH seller that *you* think is being unscrupulous.

What the heck are you talking about??? Tom's post and mine have nothing to do with unscrupulous sellers. Tom and I were just posting because this is not the place to sell or place a notice about selling. If you have a beef about another post or topic, then put your thoughts in that thread. The guy has posted only a few times and most of those few were direct notices of a horn he was selling or questions which then lead to an "Oh by the way, I'm selling..." Pay attention. Neither Tom or I think anything,. We just know the rules and abide by them SELL IN THE MARKETPLACE. Ask questions and discuss horns in the horns forum.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I will give tunesmith the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he didn't read the riles. Didn't know when he posted the other posts about selling here in the horns forum. Well, he knows now. The forum guidelines are what keeps this place working. We hope he likes TH and wants it to continue being a great place to talk about all the aspects of trumpetdome. We do.

Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved by Moderators. Thanks for the attempts to keep this a civil slugfest.
amazingmoris
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supportlivejazz wrote:
amazingmoris wrote:
tom turner wrote:
OK JOHN,

John,

What the heck are you talking about??? ...

Note above that I wasn't talking to you or talking about your post.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingmoris wrote:

. . . But in this thread you jump in and denounce a different TH seller that *you* think is being unscrupulous.

I didn't call him unscrupulous. Are you smokin' wacky weed?

No, I posted to remind him of this section of the Usage Agreement:

6. Advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services to an excessive or unreasonable extent.

Four of his five posts have been related to selling horns on the forums. That's eighty percent. IMHO, 80% is WAAAAY excessive.

BTW, I invited him to stay around and post on trumpet matters. I was being friendly. He wrote me and apologized too . . . and I was probably a little heavy-handed in my rushed post during my short lunch hour. I'm sure he's a fine guy!

SPEAKIN' OF VIOLATORS OF THE USAGE AGREEMENT . . . since you chose to bring it up on this thread . . .

Quote:

The thread WAS deleted alright, but not by me. I'm not a moderator here. My job is not to be a judge. However, I did alert them to the thread for review. They pulled the thread, discussed it privately, and must have judged that it violated the Usage Agreement . . . on YOUR part!

This little pissy-poo spat is not something anyone can judge like you are trying to do to ruin this person. I ain't right, and it ain't fair. If you think this is only the first . . . for 40th time I've alerted moderators to forum abuse, you are wrong. I value this place, and the fine job they do to keep it that way.

But what does gettin' your butt spanked on THAT thread have anything to do with this one?

Here's the Usage Agreement that relates to your previous rant. Even in this reply, you are still trying to defame an individual here . . . STILL in violation of three of the rules!

Do not post material that:

1. Contains vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.

2. Is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.

12. "Flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual),or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.

[quote]

dales
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, it's too bad that thread Morris refers to is gone, because it removed any reasonable doubt that the seller is dishonest. Now all that's left is Morris's repeated slur, here.
amazingmoris
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom turner wrote:
...This little pissy-poo spat is not something anyone can judge like you are trying to do to ruin this person. I ain't right, and it ain't fair...

I and another person, 2 witnesses, merely stated the facts about what that TH seller did.
He pulled the same dishonest things on both of us.
For example, when he repeatedly failed to provide any photos at all even though I repeatedly asked for photos, I just walked away from the deal, but then he emailed me to re-establish contact and try to pressure me to buy his trumpet even though he *still* had not provided any photos.
Then, when I *finally* got *one* lousy photo from him after *4* requests, that photo showed that he had lied about the condition of the trumpet, which is obviously why he had resisted offering photos in the first place.
Then when I made an offer he became verbally abusive and insulting and dishonest in his response, so I walked away.
A few days later he tried to pull the same stunt with the other TH poster by not providing the requested photos.
Then that seller posted here the claim that he had provided all requested photos to me and to the other poster, which was an outright lie.
And you *defend* that dishonest seller.
When you claim that it is "not fair" of us to state exactly what dishonest things that seller did to us, you are being irrational.
End of story.

By the way, that seller posted the false claim that I was some cheap-skate who was unwilling to meet his asking price.
The truth is that after my one-time offer he then offered to sell me that trumpet for $160, but his offer of $160 was accompanied by lies and insults that I did not appreciate.
I then told him that I had been prepared to offer him $175 for the trumpet in spite of its bad lacquer, but that I had decided to not offer the $175 after all because he had repeatedly been dishonest with me in our business dealings.
A few days later I bought a similar 22B from someone else for $190.
I could have saved $30 by buying that trumpet from that dishonest seller, but I did not do so because I will not do business with a dishonest seller.

Vintage Conn 22B's are very popular and are snatched up quickly when they go on sale.
But that seller has been unable to sell his vintage Conn 22B.
Ask yourself *why*.

- morris
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Rowe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:
Moved by Moderators. Thanks for the attempts to keep this a civil slugfest.

Hmmm .... Oh, well.

Reality -- what a concept!

Yogi Robt
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 57 opera huh? Hmmmmmm

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: