• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

United States Air Force Academy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what kind of music / marching stuff I can do if selected by the USAFA......help? ;D
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can try to check around, since it's right down the road and I know or have heard of a few players. I can tell you that there are quite a few excellent players around the area who are with, are were with, the AFA music groups. And, who can beat the view, the clean air, the jet fly-bys at every home game!
vic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet1,
I just found your message today in regards to the Air Force Academy. I am a '77 grad and I had the privilege of playing in the Cadet Drum and Bugle Corps for three of my four years at USAFA.

I haven't been to a football game in a number of years [mid-90's], but I think the program has been downgraded since I was there. In the mid-70's I think we could hold our own with senior drum corps. We had a nice strong program with the status of a varsity athletic team (during football season), in terms of daily practice, priority, and travel opportunities.
After football season ended, we only had Friday rehearsal unless a trip or performance was coming up. We had plenty of those, mind you. I really loved it.
A classmate who is also my next door neighbor made our 25th reunion in October. He said the D & B didn't sound like it used to. I don't know if he is an accurate judge, but his description of their sound was "like a HS band." Make me wonder if they have now changed to a band. The USAFA web site says they have the D & B, though.
Are you a senior in HS? I wish you the best. The opportunity is unlike any other. Please email offline if you have any questions.
Regards,
Vic

[ This Message was edited by: vic on 2002-12-10 16:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: vic on 2003-01-05 22:45 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: