• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Funny Trumpet Stories

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has had something stuck down their bell
Not Me
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Me
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
My Friend
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
I have done something to my friends trumpet
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

Leggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Funny Trumpet Stories Reply with quote

What's the funniest thing thats happened to you or your trumpet? This includes if its not funny, but just horrific or terrible even. I want to hear about some other peoples stories!!
gio trumpeter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure if it's funny, but once my brother and I got in a fight. He threw mountain dew at me, and i punched him in the face. Well, that resulted in him going out the door. Before he left the door, my beutiful trumpet was on the couch out of the case. Well, he picked it up and smashed it as hard as he could agaist the tile. Man, it was so bad, i threw it away. No way anyone could fix it, and if they could, I could buy a new one with that money. so, after he left, I went for his trumpet (He's not a trumpet player anymore) I went crazy and had some time to since he left. Well, I'm lucky i had two other trumpets. He went after one of them... and destroyed that one. And well, let's just say i didnt go after any of his stuff and I would/ and still keep my only horn close to me at all times
gms979
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy,

Somebody dropped a ham and cheese sandwich down the school tuba back in 7th grade, where it remained for a good several weeks. The tuba was one of the older ones and rarely used, so nobody discovered it until things began to smell wierd.....not a trumpet story, but does that count?

Later on,
Greg
Leggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, keep them coming. One of our school tubas once grew an ants nest and we didnt know about it until one poor guy, he was in yr 7 got a mouth of ants!!
Shaker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a mute in my trumpet once.... is that funny?

No, but really.... in middle school this kid got a HUGE wad of bubble gum and put it in someone's clarinet, but it didn't bubble up like he was hoping. Just kind of made a fuzzy sound and squeeked a lot... oh wait... that's every middle school clarinet player.
Shaker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a mute in my trumpet once.... is that funny?

No, but really.... in middle school this kid got a HUGE wad of bubble gum and put it in someone's clarinet, but it didn't bubble up like he was hoping. Just kind of made a fuzzy sound and squeeked a lot... oh wait... that's every middle school clarinet player.
thesplitmeister
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A freind was doing a Blues Brother tribute gig where not only did he play the role of one of the brothers but he did trumpet as well. In the most eclectice passage his partner in crime was leaping about the stage to 'Everybody needs somebody' and landed straight on his trumpet.

oooooops!
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My freshman year at band camp, I was in the middle of a sectional and I got stung by a bee. I am deathly afraid of bees and will kill them if they come near me...so, the bee stung me, I flung my trumpet on the ground and slapped the bee, killing it.

I picked my horn back up to play, and the entire left-rear side (near the mouthpiece receiver) was bent in at a 20* angle. My first valve casing was bent, and the bell was bent too.

I had to borrow my section leader's trumpet for the rest of camp...and he went without a horn. (He was an awesome section leader..unlike the other one who was and awesome player but very very full of himself.)

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
gms979
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lara,
Funny story.....but I have to admit that as soon as I read "at band camp" and I couldn't stop thinking of American Pie....yeah, its a trumpet forum, but heehee nonetheless!

Later on,
Greg
bearkatrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were in a marching rehersal and were just about to start learning more drill, so we put our horns to the side. One of the new kids in the section came out a few minutes late and is slighly confused. He can't decide if he should go put his horn to the side or just run to his spot.(He is about 20 ft from both places.) So I, being the good section leadr I am say "Alex, just throw it!" At this point everybody is at their spots and all are looking at me and Alex to see what happens, directors included. He looks at our horn on the ground in the distance for a moment, and his horn goes flying and crashes gracefully to the ground at the base of the directors tower. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. My director my have gotten a little mad over it, had he not been laughing so hard.

--Aaron
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gms979 wrote:
Hey Lara,
Funny story.....but I have to admit that as soon as I read "at band camp" and I couldn't stop thinking of American Pie....yeah, its a trumpet forum, but heehee nonetheless!

Later on,
Greg

Oh well...then you haven't heard my band camp story have you?

I've been teaching myself how to juggle and I always carry a set of balls with me everywhere I go..so....

This one time at band camp, my friends played with my balls.

I had left my juggling set out while I got up early and went to take a shower (so I didn't have to wait...I was a smart freshman!) Well, I came back, walked into my cabin, and one of the girls asked me "why are your balls so small?" I, being the naive little freshman, answered with the truth "I have small hands." Well, the entire cabin broke out in laughter....apparently I had woken one or two of them up when I went to get a shower and they found my juggling set on my bag and woke everyone else up. They had spent the entire time I was gone making jokes about my balls.

So...that's my "one time at band camp story"...lol.

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
MrClean
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverstar wrote:
gms979 wrote:
Hey Lara,

Later on,
Greg

I had left my juggling set out while I got up early and went to take a shower (so I didn't have to wait...I was a smart freshman!) Well, I came back, walked into my cabin, and one of the girls asked me "why are your balls so small?"

The correct answer would have been, "because the water was cold".
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

I .....don't .....get it.....

Oh well...I guess I haven't changed much...then I was a naive freshman, now I'm a niave senior...

Lara

Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lara, it's a guy thing..................

The "boys" tend to shrink when subjected to cold water.........

(And I'm sure that was way more information than you wanted, but it's the truth)..........

silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeytrpt wrote:
Lara, it's a guy thing..................

The "boys" tend to shrink when subjected to cold water.........

(And I'm sure that was way more information than you wanted, but it's the truth)..........

Oh....

Jeez...the things I learn on the TH! lol...

And now for something completely different....

Lara

ustacouldplay
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lara, you're awesome! You remind me so much of some great HS friends I had.

I think it is awesome that you're learning to juggle! I learned to juggle 3 balls years ago. Well, yesterday was "World Juggling Day" or something like that and a guy in a band I'm in (he's also a big-time juggler) threw in party in honor of it. There were things flying all over the place! (Jugglers are insane, BTW, just so you know. NUTS!)

While I was there, he got me started on juggling clubs! The bowling pin looking things. It's so cool! I had no interest in learning 4 balls but this is totally different! It's like learning to juggle all over again. I'm totally stoked and going to the shop tomorrow to buy my own clubs. Haha, anyway. Just wanted to share.

Um...as for funny trumpet stories...not really. I've already told about the time I launched my horn about 75 yards. Pretty sad day, really. But if you really want to see sad, you should see my water polo team going into the showers after practice! To quote George Carlin "...shriveled up like a stack of dimes!"
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Sorry if this a little off topic, but all this talk of cold water and stuff reminded me of an interesting moment in my English class. One day we were talking and we got a little off topic and Ms. MD started talking about the legend of Pope Joan. Supposedly there was once a woman that disguised herself as a guy and got all the way up to pope. I dont really remember the story all that well, but then she mentioned that at the back of this one book about Pope Joan it showed her papal chair and it had a hole in the bottom which is supposedly used to check now that every pope is actually a guy. Well one of my best friends, I think it was, said something like "EWWW ALL THOSE SHRIVELY OLD MEN!!!!" The class cracked up and it took a while to get back on to our off topic conversation.

Good memories with that teacher. We started Romeo and Juliet and she was explaining in detail the first scene of it. (we had a slightly reduced calorie version of it by the way). And she explained about the Globe theater and about the groundlings. She also explained about how they kept these drunk poor people amused. Every so often they would add in some double meanings! She explained every single double meaning in it.

Sampson.
A dog of that house shall move me to stand:
I will take the wall of any man or maid of Montague's.

Gregory.
That shows thee a weak slave; for the weakest goes to the
wall.

Sampson.
True; and therefore women, being the weaker vessels,
are ever thrust to the wall: therefore I will push Montague's men
from the wall and thrust his maids to the wall.

Gregory.
The quarrel is between our masters and us their men.

Sampson.
'Tis all one, I will show myself a tyrant:
when I have fought with the men I will be cruel with the maids,
I will cut off their heads.

Gregory.
The heads of the maids?

Sampson.
Ay, the heads of the maids, or their maidenheads;
take it in what sense thou wilt.

Gregory.
They must take it in sense that feel it.

Sampson.
Me they shall feel while I am able to stand:
and 'tis known I am a pretty piece of flesh.

Gregory.
'Tis well thou art not fish; if thou hadst,
thou hadst been poor-John.--Draw thy tool;
Here comes two of the house of Montagues.

Sampson.
My naked weapon is out: quarrel! I will back thee.

Have fun and pick out every double meaning you can. By the way, "poor john" is dried and salted hake.
StradJapan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just before catching our plane to our bowl trip in December 1994, my buddy thought it would be a good idea to paint one of his silver horns with the school colors, Maize and Blue. He had a decent paint-job on it, but to make sure that it thoroughly dried, he put it in the oven at 300 degrees and left it in there. He called me a couple of hours later and says, "Dude, I melted my trumpet."

www.RidgewoodBand.org - Treasurer
www.BergenYouthOrchestra.org - Vice President

Last edited by StradJapan on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh...........

I hope Lara's Mom never reads these posts, or we may be in deep doo-doo for corrupting her........

silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...Romeo and Juliet.

We took turns reading the script...I got stuck as Sampson at the beginning...and I had to read about cutting off the maidenheads....the guys in my class thought it was the funniest thing and I didn't hear the end of it for a month! (Thankfully, summer vacation came up and it was forgotten.)

Our teacher explained all the double meanings beforehand, but she didn't say who said them. So yeah....

Wow...this thread got a bit off topic...

Lara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: