• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tonguing yeahhh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been struggling with the tonguing exercise, single and double from 2nd space C to top of staff G..I just did it all the way for both...wasn't pretty but I did it. Next step ( when this settles down) is top of staff G to high C....then high C to high C then high G to double C then...

Seriously, for me its an accomplishment and I am gassed
B_Starry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by B_Starry on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to keep in mind about doing the tonguing exercise is that it should be treated similar to an interval exercise: go as far as you can until you just get air and then that is in the end of the exercise. Carmine never assigned a second blow (with me) on the tonguing.

When you can consistently complete the G2 - C2 drill, then it will be time to move up to the C2 - G3. If you can only get to the E2 on this one before you only get air then that will be the end of it for you. As time goes on, the muscles will balance and synch better and eventually you will consistently play through the G3.

Then it will be time to move up to the G3/C3 drill.

Again, try not to be result conscious. Follow the Four Rules, do the drill and forget about it. Remember that with Caruso calisthenics ALL aspects of sound production and control are being developed simultaneously. Give your body the opportunity to develop freely and naturally with these studies by not trying to coax it willfully or placing a time line for success on yourself. Just let it happen! I guarantee you'll enjoy playing the trumpet more if you do this.

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2004-04-02 08:00 ]
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I STILL can't always make it thorugh the TE from C to G, & I've been doing this on & off for almost 30 years. I still find that it improves my playing, though. No hurry. No worry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: