• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

SLUR 2, TONGUE 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving right along with more Caruso calisthenics not found in MCFB.

The ...slur 2, tongue 2 ... exercise should be added after incorporating all of the intervals into a schedule that gets played over a repeated time cycle, such as one week.

• As usual, the Four Rules are to be observed while practicing this drill.
  • Starting on the low C, tongue the C and slur to D. Do it again. Now tongue C - D - C - D. Counting each note is an 1/8th note, that would now be four beats and would comprise the first measure.
  • Now do the same thing a whole step higher from D to E.
  • Continue diatonically up to high B (B3) to high C (C4) in this manner.
  • Now reverse and come back down diatonically, C - B etc., B - A etc., A - G etc., ending with D - C etc.

This should be played slow for a week and then fast for a week.

After two weeks make the interval a 3rd. After 4 weeks move up to a 4th. This procedure continues through all the intervals practiced in MCFB, octaves being the last one.

When octaves are completed insert a different S2T2 interval each day into your regular routine.

[ This Message was edited by: bugleboy on 2002-11-25 15:18 ]
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie! I studied with Hal Graham for a couple of years, and then with Carmine for a couple of years (in the early 70's), but I never ran across this exercise. It sounds like a good one! I thought that I knew all of Carmine's exercises. Obviously, there are some that I didn't get to. I can kick myself now for not studying with him longer. I can't wait until the next new exercise you share with us.

Tom Barreca
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sound really good... I'm in a eager to get at that point... just started week 10... I'll gotta wait to do this a couple of week...

Being hurried isn't the way... I'll be patient!

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: