• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need Help with finding supply of Nickel Tubing details

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Need Help with finding supply of Nickel Tubing details Reply with quote

It for use in a leadpipe. the person I want to make it only has 70/30 brass and I am not going to pay for a hand made leadpipe that is going to rot in 20-30 years just not going to do it! i would sooner shoot myself in the foot!JK not literally!

It needs to be the following dimension: .025-.029
thickness .500 OD. That is darn close to inside slide tubing but so far all Ic an find is .024 and that is in brass which is not what I want. Nickel or Copper will do!

Thanks for any help helping me find some stock!
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Nickel tubing Reply with quote

Capt'n, look through the Allied catalog and you should find what you need. Perhaps Allied Supply could draw the pipes for you in nickel on one of the mandrels they use. I have a source that makes my pipes in sterling silver [not cheap] and could get those for you. Based on a Bach 25 pipe with my venturi and length, cost is $150 each w/o receivers.
Tony Scodwell Scodwell USA Trumpets and Flugelhorns available only from Washington Music Center, call Lee Walkowich at 301.946.8808
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: