• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Evergreen on Jazzplayerradio Maynard tribute WOW!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpetplaying

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Evergreen on Jazzplayerradio Maynard tribute WOW!!!!! Reply with quote

20 years ago an incredible trumpet player from I believe Iowa University named Steve Hawk came and played Maynard Ferguson's Evergreen at our highschool. Very inspirational and for the past 20 years I've looked through Maynard's album lists and ebay and everywhere else I could find because I never got to hear Maynard play it.

Back in June when I got to see Jim Manley at the Ritz in St. Louis we talked extensively about Mayard. He mentioned he had pratically every album and of course lots of live recordings. "Anything with Evergreen" was the very first words out of my mouth. He said no but he knew it exisited and I could probably find it on the Internet.

Well I can't describle how I felt when I heard it kick in on the JazzPlayerRadio tribute. I always had this expectation of just how great it would be to hear The Boss play it properly. For some reason I just knew that I needed to hear him play that song. Well all I can say is that I'm blown away. It's simply one of the most impressive examples of trumpet sound and style I've heard in my life.

I've missed him terribly over the past week but when I heard that Evergreen track I just lost it. It's almost like it was meant for me not to hear him play that song until he was gone. So powerful I can't even describe it.

Does anyone happen to have this track without the edit in the middle? I assume that track has never been recorded in a live album release is why I could never find it. Anyone know more about this track at all?
highnote
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Evergreen Reply with quote

send me your e-mail, I will send you the track

Kevin
dreamscape

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Maynard Ferguson, Evergreen Reply with quote

Hey there,
This post is a thousand years old but I'm still curious and the net has come a long way since then. Has anyone found any recording online of Maynard doing Evergreen?
-Scott
Shifty
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HM96c9xvY
dreamscape

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Funny, I searched every combination I could think of and this never came up. Really appreciate it!
—scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: