• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry C vs ZM mouthpiece cups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengeBoy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally decided to buy a new 3C. Due to the good stuff I've read about Curry mp's on TH, I'm getting a Curry, not a Bach. In a recent email from Mark Curry, he said his 3C would be a good choice for me, but he also suggested that I consider his 3ZM, which is slightly shallower. He calls it a good "crossover" mouthpiece for both classical and jazz players. As a comeback player, I'm looking for a good "standard" mouthpiece, and I'm planning to stick with it. I'm leaning toward the good-old-fashioned 3C. Does anyone have an opinion on Curry's C vs ZM cups?

Thanks,
Tim

[ This Message was edited by: BengeBoy on 2002-10-10 12:52 ]
Paul.Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3M is tighter and surprisingly broad sounding for its cup, I use it all the time now and play every style on it. I really like the ease of playing high notes on the 3M compared with the deeper cups. I sold my 3C, 3DE and 660M as they were unnecessary. I've found that as my lip improved the 3M got better as well. I hope this is of some use to you.
Pat
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I play a Stork 3C now (more for the rim contour than anything else) I did play both the Curry 3C and 3ZM. Both feel the same on the lips. The 3ZM, because of the shallower cup is brighter and the high notes are a little easier. I recall that there was a symphony player who indicated that he used a Curry C cup for the more legit music, and the ZM for pops concerts. --I think you are right that at this point you should pick one and stick with it, but as your proficiency increases, and if you are playing different kinds of music, you might want to have both. Because of Curry's precision process interchanging mouthpieces is not that disruptive to the embouchure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: