• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mark Gould solo recordings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
portraitoflouis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Mark Gould solo recordings? Reply with quote

Anyone have recordings or videos (bootleg or official) of Mark Gould playing from back in the day (other than cafe 1930)? I heard there was a recording of him doing more standard rep but was only released in Japan or something. Any info would be much appreciated!
Gregory Gilmore
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Mark Gould recordings... Reply with quote

I have that Japanese recording. I was working at a Japanese theme park, Huis Ten Bosch, with a brass ensemble and I happened to stumble upon it. It includes the Antheil Sonata, an absolutely gorgeous version of de Fallas "Canciones Populares Españolas" on flügelhorn, the Hindemith Sonata, the Gershwin Prelude No. 2, "The Southern Cross" and "A Trumpeters Lullaby". It's a great recording.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to it other than my ancient iPod. I'm sorry to whet your appetite and then come up short... 🙁
DH
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it also, purchased at ITG in 1994

In my database I have this info about it - label and number

Firebird KICC 114
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: