• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jesse McGuire

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Tom...
What you said about Jesses's performance makes perfect sense and how amplified sound along with the crazy acoustics that a stadium can play on your ear-balls. That personal story of yours CRACKS ME UP!!

Your humor style of writing is beautiful....and one can clearly imagine with clarity...your horror story telling us about how difficult and disturbing this must have truly been.
You there waaaay off in the distance... with your hand high in the air.. waving to the sound man..(perhaps he miss understood and thought in error of course,
that he thought he was recieving the middle finger finger from you instead and then decided to really play with your head...))

Seriously though, you paint a very good picture of perhaps what happened on that day.

BACK TO JESSE. But let's face it....MOST FOLKS IN THE STADIUM...DIDN'T COME TO HEAR AND REVEL...in the antics of some poor trumpet player----WHACKIN' HIS CHOPS OFF and honestly appauld Jesse for giving them a real SHOWBIZZIN' STYLE AND PROFILE ACT one for the money and two for the show thag'

and although many folks on this board continue to miss the point about my remarks at Jesse's OVERBLOWIN' ILLUSTRATION ON THAT DAY.
WE ALL KNOW JESSES IS ONE REALLY GIFTED AND BAD DUDE...WHO JUST "GETS-OFF" ON THIS KIND OF ATTENTION. GOOD OR BAD ATTENTION...IT DOESN'T REALLY SEEM TO MATTER WITH HIM...HE LOOOOOVES IT, FEEDS OFF IT and perhaps more of us should have thoses same qualites???? After all we must remember that we as trumpet players are a unique breed of cat. Sax's don't sax and clarinets not clarinet...but TRUMPET PLAYERS DO TRUMPET AND THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, RIGHT???

SO BE IT, but again, I still don't think even for one minute that Jesse had an ounce of stagefright in his body or soul that night...ANY ONE WHO KNOWS JESSE...SHOULD KNOW THIS BY NOW!!! HE TRIVES OF THIS KIND OF THING AND WAS TRULY IN HIS GLORY...AND I CONGRATULATE HIM AGAIN FOR HIS ATTEMPT AT GOING--BALLS TO THE WALL...

IN HIS ATTEMPT TO GO WHERE FEW MORTAL TRUMPET HEADS...WOULD EVER DARE TO TREAD, and I still laugh when I remember how this whole entertaining performace played itself out---- but not counting the less than stellar trumpet part as in reality, this was the LEAST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE WHOLE AFFAIR and I think we all agree that it was prime time trumpet entertainment........ and all that jazz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: