• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 3C Compared To 1 1/2 C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrassClass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presently play on a 3C. Always wondered what would be the difference in the 3C and the famous 1 1/2? I've learned way back that bigger doesn't alway hurt the range or get darker. Any comments?
unclebuddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played on a 3c for years and was encouraged to change to the 11/2C in college. The change was better range, and bigger sound, but it seemed like my endurance suffered somewhat. I recently changed to a custom Schilke that is much the same as a Bach 3C.
richj50
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try one and see for yourself. Everyone's a little difference. I never was able to make a 3C work myself. I started on a 7C, switched to a 5C a couple years into my playing, then to a 3 (not a 3C), then to a 1-1/2C. My sound and flexibility improved a lot with that jump to the 1-1/2C. To me, the 1-1/2C is the smallest of the "big" mouthpiece sizes. I later moved to into a Monette 3, then 2 and now 1-1, but can still pick up a 1-1/2C and play comfortably. I believe that's what Wynton played before he used Monettes, although I believe his was bored out to a #22 or so. I'm remembering this from a student of Wynton's that I spent a summer with in 1987.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: