• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mini-disc help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hot little Sony MZ-R700 mini-disc recorder. It works great, makes a digital recording, and is very convenient. Does anyone know how to take a recorded mini-disc and somehow burn it to CD?

Can you upload it to a PC and then just burn it? Isn't it an analogue transfer to the PC and you wind up with an analogue recording on CD?

I was told by some tech help at the Sony place that the headphone jack should link to the back of your computer. But I'm still lost.

Would be grateful for some input.

JC.
ChopsMcgraw
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they sell you a USB adaptor (A little flat plug) with the recorder? You may need some software, but I don't know for sure...

ChopsMcgraw
fzr Phil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello JC

you would have to play the md into your sound card line in (analogue) and record it as a wave file first. then, you could convert to mp3 or burn it as a wave file onto cd.
the md would record from a digital output from your soundcard though.
i believe the usb adapter is intended to be more convenient than the soundcard connections that you would need, it probably comes with fancy softyware as well. i expect it is, and wish i had one!

i have an mz r55, and that has a seperate 3.5mm stereo line out. you should be able to obtain a good(reasonable!) quality 3.5mm stereo plug-plug extension cable from somewhere like 'Tandy' or 'radioshack' ( they have pulled out of uk) this is the best way into your soundcard.

i guess when they made MD and were so worried about copy protection they had'nt anticipated how easily we would all end up copying cd's, mp3's e.t.c

good luck. md is great. i wish i made better use of it. it is something i want to do. i just wish the digital mic's weren't so cost prohibitive. ( i suppose it is only the cost of a mp )

Phil Martin
-dedication, thats what you need....

[ This Message was edited by: fzr Phil on 2002-02-12 18:35 ]
NCTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. My operating manual doesn't refer to a USB adapter or plug, but does mention a cable to connect the machine to an amplifier or tape recorder. No software is mentioned.

I think I'm on the right track, thanks to your information. But I'm still dumber than*&$## when it comes to computers. Too busy practicing, I guess.

Thanks again,

JC.
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-26 20:31 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: