• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wynton Marsalis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mg38024

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Wynton Marsalis and the LCJO perform for the first time recently. I knew he was good before, but now I realize just how good. He did things with a trumpet I didn't think were possible. Every sound that the horn could make he made (and all in one song sometimes). I can't forget the rest of the group either. I was amazed at every members' playing. Out of the trumpet players I've seen play so far, Marsalis is definitely the best. Interestingly enough, the tickets for LCJO were cheaper than Doc tickets.

Michael
evolution
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, man. Wynton is great. One of the best trumpetplayers around there. I like his work, too, so I posted a Wyntontopic some weeks ago. Look it up for some posts regarding Wynton Marsalis. What is your favourite Wynton-CD? I like the Los Elefantes recording with Arturo Sandoval and Wynton Marsalis very much.

Best regards

johannes
SHS_Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classical Wynton or Carnival are good ones.
Don O

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynton and his septet to play one night only at Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis, MN, March 23rd.
lemonwedge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot House Flowers, Carnival, City Movement, just to name a few. The LCJO is coming to Philly in early April, and I will definately be there. I saw him and the LCJO a few years ago at my old highschool. That was crazy. Me and my friend almost missed it because his car got towed outside this restaurant we ate at prior to the show. I'm glad my parents bailed us out of that jam, b/c that show was awesome.
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short time ago....I heard on my puter's radio station a cut from a bunch of NYCity dudes...called FUSE ONE...and the cut was called "SILK" and was knocked out with the quality of the trumpet players...so I checked it out...and found a reveiw about this CD Called THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS...
the critic didn't care for the album...and more or less referred this as a PAYCHECK CD....to glean a few extra $$$$$ for the musicians.

THAT AWESOME TRUMPET PLAYER...THAT DROVE ME TO THE SEARCH TO FIND OUT WHERE HE HAD BEEN HIDING ALL THESE YEARS WITH A TALENT LIKE THAT!!! ..UHHHH! WOW! I SHOULD HAVE GUESSED IT!!
WHO ELSE....
IT WAS WYNTON!!! WOULDN'T YA' KNOW IT???and all that jazz.
Dustin Lee Wilson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a big fan of wynton..He is very versitile.....not many players have gotten a grammy in classical and jazz music...Have you guys heard his stuff with Art Blakley? Just awesome..the track "round bout midnight is stellar!! Its on an album called "Wynton Marsalis : The gold collection"...the whole album is great....!!!

Dustin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: