• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry 600 rims vs Northern Brass ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Cooper
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone compared the Curry 600 series rims with the Northern Brass series? I have been using Reeve 41 rims (M,S,) for a few years and wish to go smaller. I would also like slightly better attacks that's why I am not simply going to Reeve 40 rims. All Bach, Warburton, and Curry Standard rims are out ot the question as I need a somewhat "soft" bite - B.,W. &C standards "lock up" my lips, restrict my flexibility and high register. I am also hoping to avoid too much custom work since I will need 1 or 2 trp, 1 cornet, 1 flg, and maybe a pic mpc. The GR "E" rims are not quite what I want. The Curry 20M (600 series) feels pretty good though the 10M might be closer. Before I spend too much money on postage and restocking fees has anyone compared the Curry 600 series rims with the Northern Brass mouthpieces - I suppose a comparison between the Reeves and NB would be useful too. I am playing an x-large bore trumpet in the .464/.468 range and currently using #4 and #5 Warburton backbores. I have been down the custom path before - for me finding a "Stock rim" is the most important part.
histrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy,
The guy that can help you is Bruce Lee at Northern Brass. I have called him several times for mouthpiece consultations etc, and have never been displeased. He is great to deal with and doesn't mind taking the time to answer any questions you may have. His number is 603-421-9178. I don't know how you are but I like getting my info on equipment like mouth pieces first-hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: