• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Groovin High Mouthpiece comments?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsegato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of you comment on this mouthpiece. I currently play a Jet-tone custom-made MF . I am looking for something new and was directed to the Groovin' High mouthpiece used (and made?) by Dan McMillion.

Comments?
Leedplyr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Groovin' High is made by GR Technologies. From what I understand it is similar to an old MF piece from the 1950's.
C. Revas
JoeCool
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an old MF 2 personal custom and thought it was a pretty good piece. It was aluminum so the tone was real edgy. Since you didn't state a number, I'll assume it is the first mpc in the old lineup. I believe they went from the MF model and then there was the 2, 3 and 4, each getting progressively smaller. Well, the McMillion piece from what I understand is probably way smaller than yours. In fact Jet-Tone just came out with their vintage line and that MF is a .615 inside cup diameter. A real pea shooter. This is probably like the McMillion piece. I talked to Dan M. when I was trying to find another MF 2 like I had and the way he described it was pretty small. Give him a call, he's a really nice guy. He won't sell you something you might not want. Giardinelli has a couple of MF models also. They are small as well. If money is no object, check out the Monette MF II. It's a cross between the old convex V like you have and a Schilke 13A4. It really sounds nice. Hope this helps.

[ This Message was edited by: JoeCool on 2002-02-08 22:38 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: