• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen Custom Series Cornet 3850

View previous topic :: View next topic  

On a Cornet, which finish do you prefer?
Brass Lacquer
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
Silver Plate
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Gold
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

cyber_shake
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Getzen Custom Series Cornet 3850 Reply with quote

May 2011

Just purchased a beautiful new Getzen 3850 Custom Series Cornet from Ceth at Tulsa Band ... this video is my first playing experience with this axe. The Getzen mouthpiece was somehow MIA, so Ceth sent a Bach 7C with the horn. The video is shot with me playing that mouthpiece until I order a Curry this week (3TC, 3DC and/or 3BBC).

Link

Schagerl LU5A
Getzen Genesis
Adams A4 LT-S
Adams F1
DaCarbo Unica
Schagerl PT-200S
roynj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine,
The 3850 is one of my favorite horns and quite beautiful in lacquer finish. you sounded really good on it. It will even play better with a deeper cup cornet mouthpiece on it.
doclev

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About two years ago, our band--BelleCity Brassworks of Racine, Wi--bought ten 3850 Custom cornets for our players. Previously we had been playing trumpets, which gave the band an "American" brass band sound. However, we called ourselves a "British" brass band, so the decision was to do cornets. Several band members evaluated cornets and the Getzen won. It is a very well built horn, and backed by a high quality company. The fit and finish is impeccable, and the valves are like silk. All in all, a good purchase for our group. Congratulations on your purchase--I'm sure you will enjoy it. And you already sound great!
BTW, we still play French horns--we haven't been able to get the horn players to go to upright alto horns, which are a totally different thing.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doclev wrote:
...BTW, we still play French horns--we haven't been able to get the horn players to go to upright alto horns, which are a totally different thing.

Our brass band still uses french horns, too. We wanted to compete at NABBA a few years ago, but had to enter the open class because of the "non standard" instrumentation. I don't know if they will come around to using alto horns or not.
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice playing Blaine! I love the 3850 and have it on my "to purchase" list in the future.

2015 Harrelson Summit 4/10
2014 Getzen 4895 Flugelhorn
2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
73 Getzen Eterna Severinsen
48 Conn 80A Victor Cornet
Dan O'Donnell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine,

Congratulations!

Nice horn and nice playing!

I toured the Getzen facility and with my (30) years of experience as a Quality Assurance professional with a fortune 200 company, I can assure you they have very effective Quality Systems used through their entire manufacturing processes.

The Getzen Team takes pride in both the Quality of their products as well as their Customer Service.

They are truly committed to both their employees and their customers.

If you haven't already...check out my post GETZEN'S GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and you will understand why you will never have to worry about any future support if needed from the Getzen Team.

"Praise Him with the sound of the Trumpet:..."
Psalms 150:3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: