• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

2/3 of a Collection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: 2/3 of a Collection Reply with quote

I became interested in Buescher trumpets when I was ten and my parents handed me a mint "400" trumpet that belonged to my grandfather. Perfect original lacquer, perfect original case. Alas, eight years of dumb kid later....

Fast forward to today, my grandfather's trumpet has been restored by Charlie Melk and I've been looking at and learning about Buescher instruments ever since. The temptation is, of course, to buy them all, but that's not my style. I decided I would concentrate on one specific genre... the instruments where the valve casings are attached to each other and the bell and mouthpipe are directly fastened to the casings.

This means six instruments in total; I now have four. In the picture below are the "400" trumpet (Model 225) and cornet (Model 275), followed by the "Aristocrat" trumpet (Model 220) and recent acquisition cornet (Model 261). The "Aristocrat" trumpet is somewhat of a hybrid with non-standard parts, but as I have now seen two of them that are identical, it surely came from the factory that way. I do, however, have another that is standard.

I have two instruments left to find... the "Custom Built" trumpet (Model 240) and cornet (Model 266). Who knows how long that will take... but isn't that part of the fun?

Tom

PS yes, I have a few other Buescher horns as well, the Lightweight 400 (Model 217) and "Aristocrat" (Model 205).
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
tk1031
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like "eye-candy" Nice collection, good luck on the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: