• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Northern Brass Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnathan Barnett
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. I seem to be posting a lot lately. I don't know if I am just gaining some confidence in my abilities and my opinions or if I am just coming out of my shell. Anyway, I have played the Northern Brass 63** and 63*** but I haven't tried the 63**** yet. Did anyone chose the 4* over the 3*? And why? How are they different? I have talked to Bruce Lee and read the GR website, I am just trying to get some additional opinions.

By the way, there are a few threads telling people to contact Bruce about horns or mouthpieces. I would highly recommend giving him a call or email. He is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The best part about Bruce is that he genuinely wants to help you become a better player and thus have more fun playing the trumpet. Thanks Bruce for your help!

Contact Bruce Lee of Northern Brass at: http://www.northernbrass.com

Thanks,

[ This Message was edited by: Johnathan Barnett on 2002-01-14 10:50 ]
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

The NorthernBrass mouthpiece line up, uniquely designed for Bruce by GR is really awesome, especially for the SC-type player or anyone who has mastered the closed embouchere styles of playing!

I really liked the NB***, but not quite as much as my "General Lee***' (an earlier, pre-production GR model).

The NB** simply didn't work for me. However, my SC-converted, 17 year old son Russell picked it up and it turned out this was his "wonder mouthpiece." I bought one for him and Russell's range went, nearly immediately from a consistent, full high G to a consistent double D. The right mouthpiece can really make a difference in a player's ability to release the music within him or her!

Like all the GRs I've tried, the NB pieces allow for very precise articulation, smooth transision between octaves and very stable intonation. They are wonderful.

I'm waiting for Bruce to be able to free up a NB**** to try, believing that this mouthpiece may have the exact rim design that best works for me.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
John Miconi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After speaking with "The General", Bruce Lee on many occassions, I gravitated back to the NB***mpc. Bruce previously sent me the test kit with the Northern Brass pieces, and out of the 3 I liked the NB***. At that time I didn't buy the mpc, but instead went back to the Callet DT-10 I was playing. To make a long story short, I finally came to my senses. The Northern Brass 63*** made by GR is the best sounding mpc I have played on. Rest assured Master Lee the "Safari" is finally over thanks to you.
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

What are you going to do with the other 378 mouthpieces that you own? Can I have one? You'll have to let me try your NB mouthpiece so that I can compare it to my GR, which I'm really beginning to like by the way. It's by far more accurate than anything I have played previously.

See you tomorrow.
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
Mikester
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just had to have both!

I will keep playing the NB63*** for big band lead.

The NB63**** gives that great soloist sound. Bruce knows my playing and assured me this was the piece for me. My sound is beautiful now. Just what I wanted Bruce!

Feels great, too!

Bruce - how much longer until the NB63 Flugels are available? You know I need the entire set!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: