• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Phil Driscoll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what embouchure set-up Phil uses(Stevens, Maggio, Farkas, etc.)? Also, who were some of his instructors as he was learning his instrument? Jim
rch-tech
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone already mentioned this on the board somewhere...I don't know if it is in that big beefy post about him. (There is a post about Phil that I started quite a long time ago that grew into a really large debate and flame war)
I think it may be in there.
Do a search on Phil Driscoll on this site. I know that I am one of only a few to even mention his name on here so there shouldn't be that many.

EDIT: ouch, don't search on Phil Driscoll...it searches every post not just the topics...lots of posts to look thru due to that huge one mention above...

[ This Message was edited by: rch-tech on 2002-02-19 13:43 ]
rch-tech
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it...woohoo page 7 of the other Phil Driscoll post here about the Emmy's:

Quote:

Dear Rob.
Phil Uses the Roy Roman Method.
From what I understand Roy is Phil's mentor.
Roy Roman's resume' reads like "I am the greatest trumpet player since Louis Armstrong". WOW!!This guy has played with everybody. Impressive to say the least.
Jamie Driscoll tells me that he really likes the Roman method, and that it is some great stuff. Save your cash, it is $300.00.
Jamie also told me that Roy does excellent trumpet playing clinics.
You can learn more about it at:
http://www.royromon.com

Good luck.
Chaplain Michael Schmidt
http://www.trumpetofthelord.faithweb.com
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU KNEW I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!! WHEN YOU SAID THE"P" WORD!!!! OR IS IT THE "F" WORD???

Just razzin, but what has happened to Phil's new Signature LaBlanc with that lofty Label..."THE MIGHTY-HORN?"
From Phil's son (Shawn Driscoll) Wed Nov.14 2001 E mail to me saying to be prepared for a 45-to 60 day wait, for the introduction to the new Signature horns release....as well as a complete new line of signature mouthpieces.

Creating and working with manufacturers on a new signature horn can be a pretty astoundingly difficult thing. (Ask Mike Vax and Aurtro Sandoval?) but...................................................where is the mighty horn.
Guess I'll send off another E mail. I have sent a couple of E mails asking for further info about the horn...such things as the bore size??leadpipe concepts...and the mps???? etc.

It couldn't be that perhaps that I AM FINALLY ..UH REAPING WHAT I DUNE-DUDE-SOW'ED??? AND SHAWN HAS DEEMED ME A COMPLETE RETROBATE??? Just razzzin??? as Shawn..Phils son as well as CEO..have had numberous conversations in the past years about Phil and his craft and let me tell you...our friendship and jibes are a TWO-WAY STREET!
Shawn is a wonderful and equally gifted humanbeing and has a KEEN SENSE OF WIT AND HUMOR and knows how to give it out but thankfully....gives lots and lots of grace to UNMIGHTY'S LIKE ME AND OTHERS ON THIS DRIVIL BOARD:)))

And when I haven't heard back, I feel assured that perhaps there is a snag...somewhere in the development stages? etc.
trumpetman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's the stevens method.Just got off the phone with a rep of phil driscoll,he stated that the horn will come in three finishes.
brass,silver,and a 2 tone silver and gold.
the brass are in. He had just spoken with the Leblanc people today,the silver has just been shipped out this week.phil will make them available as soon as the silver arrive...well,that's the plan anyway

[ This Message was edited by: trumpetman on 2002-02-20 13:34 ]
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-20 13:06, trumpetman wrote:
I believe it's the stevens method.Just got off the phone with a rep of phil driscoll,he stated that the horn will come in three finishes.
brass,silver,and a 2 tone silver and gold.
the brass are in. He had just spoken with the Leblanc people today,the silver has just been shipped out this week.phil will make them available as soon as the silver arrive...well,that's the plan anyway

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: trumpetman on 2002-02-20 13:34 ]</font>

Thanks...TPTman!!!! FOR CHECKING THE PONY'S CHOPS!!!!
ASK and yeeehee-he shall receive...butbetta' know what yer' askin' fer- as ya'just might get it!
And if its from Holton-LaBlanc...THIS SHOULD BE A WONDERFUL HORN AND THE GOOD LORD KNOWS JUST HOW MANY BRANDS HORNS OUR BELOVED PHIL...HAS USED and still uses over the years.
CONGRATULATIONS...I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING MORE ABOUT THIS NEW "MIGHTYHORNY!!!!

That great news and thanks for checking for us? I would presume that when you said.. "Brass" means the Laq. finished model is in?...and not unfinished, as the OSHA police are finally aware of the trumpet manufacturing policies and will soon require a disclaimer sticker goo'ed to the the bell throat or bell IN PLAIN SITE on most brands of horns sold in this country....hummmm???

Good Old BIG BROTHER WATCHING OUT FOR OUR HEALTH? ) Interesting...just like the warning label on my bottle of BudLight or.....a pack of cigs??? Although I may appear to look pregnant, I guess I could ignor that part of the beer warning label...but I don't smoke>>>>>>>>>but then playing in most clubs today, we have 2nd hand smoke, so in this way...I guess many of us are also considered smokers.. and all that jazz.

Any idea of price...or whether or not it come with a "prayer cloth?" )) AND AS THE LORD KNOWS THE HEARTS OF ALL US TRUMPET PLAYERS...I THINK THIS WOULD BE AN OPTION OF THE HIGHEST PRIORITY???
rch-tech
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually,
Roy Roman lays claim to tutoring Phil...but I think Roman learned from Stevens so I guess it works out eh?
Cozy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much re Driscoll's horn line. Did see him last year, from the front of a huge chapel. Great concert; wished he'd played even more. I enjoy listening to his instrumental CD.

Cozy
http://www.cozychops.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: