• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Efficient mouthpiece?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is meant by this? Comparing a Giar C5 to a purportedly more efficient GR 65M would be helpful to me if anyone has the knowledge to offer some information. What in the GR design would make it more efficient than the C5? I'm sure there are a lot of differences in the cup, throat, etc. and I would appreciate it if a learned trumpeter could comment on them. Thanks, Jim
trumpetmagic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused about it, too. Therefore, I tend to dismiss what manufacturers calims about their mouthpieces.

A question I tend to ask myself is, "Would an efficient mouthpiece be efficient when I use it?" My answer is, "Don't know unless I try it. I would try it when I become dissatisfied with my current mouthpiece"

Sorry. I do not have an answer you are looking for. I hope somebody can answer your question.

Ken

[ This Message was edited by: trumpetmagic on 2002-02-17 19:10 ]
Cozy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have some Giardinellii's here, including 5C. To equate with GR's 65M, the difference with GR is the "21st century" technology. While some of the old masters are equal or even better than the new-fangled, I have found that Gary Radtke and Brian Scriver have something there.
Study the alpha angle and the detailed graphics. It's not all smoke and mirrors.

Cozy
http://www.cozychops.com

[ This Message was edited by: Cozy on 2002-02-11 16:40 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cozy, I'm sure it's not smoke and mirrors. Do you knowwhat specifically the differences are between the Giar C5 and the 65M? Any observations would be appreciated. Jim
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet would be to use the "Contact GR" link on the GR website and ask them directly what the difference would be. Brian is the guy that I talk to and email and he is incredibly knowlegable when it comes to what is what on the GR mouthpieces.

Give them a go.

http://www.grmouthpieces.com
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
TptProf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Unless your mouthpiece was digitized I do not think any mouthpiece manufacturer could actually tell you the difference between your Giardinelli and the GR 65M. Different manufacturers use different specs and measure in different places. Bach will tell you on their chart that such and such a mouthpiece is this diameter. But where do they take that measurement? How accurately was that mouthpiece produced? Did buffing throw off the tolerances even more?
At least with GR you get the numbers on their catalog. Now it is up to us to figure it out!
Robert Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: