• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Alpha Angle?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leedplyr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read a few things on Alpha Angle but I am still a bit confused.
What exactly is alpha angle? What does it do?
Does every mouthpiece have an alpha angle or only GR mouthpieces? Why does GR talk about this but I can't find any information about alpha angle on any of the other mouthpiece makers websites? I am new to this forum and just a little mixed up about this. I am looking for a new mouthpiece but want to learn all I can before I end up with another silver paperweight.
C. Revas
David Oulton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the alpha angle represents the bite or sharpness of the rim as it becomes the cup.

To me, a GR "M" mouthpiece feels sharper than an "LX". The M rim holds my lips more firmly in place then the LX.

Here is GR's discussion that you've probably read: http://www.grmouthpieces.com/questions.html

It would be nice if all manufacturers used the same terminology to describe their products. GR is trying (I believe) to apply more exact (mathematical) descriptions to their products then has traditionally been the case.

For the best explanation, you should talk to Gary or Brian of GR @ info@grmouthpieces.com

David

edit: Brian also has a short discussion of alpha angles in this post: http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=968&forum=8&5

[ This Message was edited by: David Oulton on 2002-01-29 12:07 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: