• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Special Edit Privilege

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators are to be commended, however, they cannot police their threads 24/7. My suggestion is that special inter-thread edit privilege be granted to several rational and trusted individuals so that posts by the mentally deranged can be dumped ASAP.
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or we could just do what we all do when someone who's that whacked comes up to us in real life... ignore them. Notice all the different ways BachBoy has at the bottom of his posts to get in touch with him? He really really really really wants to see our reactions and loves it when we give it to him. I think we can hang out and grin and bear it whilst someone who already has the right power finishes supper or tucks their chillun in. No need to go changing things around and making more work for Todd in the long run to safegaurd against something that happens so infrequently and can be easily ignored. Plus, Todd could be spending all that extra time he's saving by starting the 'Working Band Forum'!!!!!!
limits_unknown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's going to be great when they find his IP and kick him off all the phpBB servers . I think they should send his IP to all the other forum companies too. This way he'll never post again, and we live happily ever after. Just another troll in the neighborhood. It happens to all the forums every now and then.
screamertrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey limits,

Let's just hope that if they do find his address, it's not static. Back in the day when I enjoyed looking for security holes in peoples cpu's and warning them that they have a security issue (don't worry, nothing illegal), i learned a couple of things. You see, most of the time, when a person is on a network, their IP address never changes. On dialup, though, it changes everytime you sign on. I still think Mr. Dyson has it totally up his sleeve.
"If you build it, they will come..."
"If you destroy it, they'll stop coming..."
If you build attention to bachboy, he'll keep coming back, if we destroy the attention given to him, he'll eventually stop coming and get bored (hopefully).

Trevor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
limits_unknown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEah, ignoring trolls is the best way to get rid of them. I sent nawlinsboundjazz a kinda e-mail requesting he take off his replies to bachboy's comments. I'm glad to see not many replied to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: