• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Reunion Blues RIP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I noticed that my 30 year old leather single trumpet Reunion Blues bag is beginning to show its age and clearly needs a new replacment. Knowing that they're sold just about everywhere I began searcing for a good price for a new one on the web. I ran across a small store in L.A. run by a trombonist named Steve Ferguson. Steve details the fact that RB has now moved their opporations from San Francisco to mainland China and that the quality of the bags are quite poor. However, he put me in touch with one of the old RB workers who still makes the bags out of his basement using the same patterns and original materials for which RB was famous. My new leather bag just arrived and it's clearly quality made and only cost $125 to get the "real" thing. Just in case anyone is interested Steve Ferguson has the story about the RB move to China on his web site. Nice guy, I talked to him at some length on the phone. If anyone is interested in a real RB bag you might want to contact him.
http://members.aol.com/sftrombone/Cases.htm#Reunion%20Blues
Larry Smithee

[ This Message was edited by: Larry Smithee on 2002-08-04 21:14 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: