• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Advice going from Marcinkiewicz to GR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusickMartin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:05 pm    Post subject: Advice going from Marcinkiewicz to GR Reply with quote

I like the high alpha angle on my marcinkiewicz shew 1.5 but need a bigger rim. What do you guys think would be the best bet from GR? ES, XES, SZ? Don't live in the US so can't really test any. I already have a GR66M as my main mouthpiece. Does anyone know if 66XES exists or if its only for the 63 rim, and it would have to be custom made? Do you think the ES could be to low alpha angle even tho its described as "high" on GR's website, considering the shew alpha angle is quuite high?

Thanks guys!
trumpetangel
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alpha angle of the XES is closest to the Marcinkiewicz Shew 1.5. The ES has a lower alpha than XES and both XES and ES cups are shallower than the Shew 1.5, they are closer to the Shew 1.The rim on the XES cup is different from the GR standard rim, it is rounder with a much softer bite. A 66XES would probably be a custom order. The GR Wayne Bergeron Studio has the same alpha as the XES and might be your best bet, Wayne was playing a Marcinkiewicz Shew 1.5 before GR.The rim on the WB studio will feel larger than the Shew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: