• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Al Cass Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenny dorham is an animal
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone owned/played an Al Cass mouthpiece? What are your thoughts? I would like to know what cats think about them, apparently ne made killer pieces.
Thanx

DRES
SHS_Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Al Cass 1-2 mouthpiece from the son of Al Cass. I have no doubt they are one of the finest inventions ever, yup right there next to sliced bread...... Al Cass was like all mouthpiece makers, he had a diverse line of MPs. He made some screamers but he also had more conventional pieces. The 1 series and the 2 series were for most all types of playing. The 3 series was considered a "screamer" piece and as I understand, they were quite shallow. He also made mouthpieces for other brass instruments and doublers. The doublers were mouthpieces made to swith instruments (EX. trumpet to french horn) but keep the same rim. This was accomplished by changing the cup depth and shank or so I understand. This was stated before, but I'll say it again, Al Cass made MP's for Dizzy. He made some 57 different custom pieces for Dizzy throughout his lifetime. I thought that was pretty neat. If you get a chance to play any of Al's pieces, I think you should not pass it up. Mine is by no means a screamer, it has a beautiful sound and I was quite suprised after actually playing it. Interestingly enough I want to sell it if you're interested drop me a line or write on the forum. It is in perfect condition and has the box that all cass himself wrote on from who knows when.
dfmarchetti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for an Al Cass Mouthpiece for a Trumpet player friend of mine. If you're willing to sell, send me some details. Perhaps we can do business.

Dave Marchetti
dfmarchetti@enter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: